Monday 28 October 2013

Scouting without Scouts

Although I am not yet attached to any group, having resigned from my old one, I can't say scouting is not in the agenda for the next few weeks. So in a good old blog fashion, were you don't just write about how to build a friction bridge or a review of a meeting night, i will attempt to lay out the agenda of whats ahead in my scouting life.

October. Second meeting with the County IT team, this is a social and work pub session with those who volunteer to help with the Berkshire Scouts IT issues and work. I only have met the team leader so I am curious to see how the rest of the team looks like, will it give us a kick start for something a bit more structured? let's hope so!

November. At some point in November I will meet with the cub scout leader of the 1st Jennett's Park scout group, this is my future group if all works out OK, with the move to the new house and all. Again, meeting new people, a new team, a new group!

End of November we (The Family) move to JP and that was a long time coming. I know loads of people have horror stories that span months when it comes to sell buy and move house, I can't say it went nasty with ours but it still took us about 5 months to be able to say when we might move... Hopefully.

December. I finally booked an Advanced First Aid Course, a 2 day (16h) training course that leads to a full first aid certificate, once the course has been evaluated. I was looking for one of these courses for a few years now, hopefully the one the Berkshire Scouts are running will go ahead in December. It'll be a weekend and it'll be great!

So scouting for old boys, I know without the young ones it's not much scouting as a leader role goes but it's a break, it will give me ideas and soon enough I will get back to "proper" scouting!

Before I start filling in my AA form I need to have a new proper home address first!


No comments:

Post a Comment